(Of money) yet to be paid: no rent was owing
More example sentences
- But this still leaves money owing not to the courts or police but to you and me, as taxpayers, and to victims of crime.
- There were years however, that the Day Book indicates that Rent for the Grant cottage was owing and unpaid, particularly from 1973 to 1977 inclusive.
- A popular legal redundancy is that a debt is ‘due, owing and unpaid.’
- Because of or on account of: his reading was hesitant owing to a stammerMore example sentences
- This may be owing to low awareness about the hazardous side effects of adulterated food on our health.
- There was an interruption of three or four months owing to his father's death.
- However, throughout the world, the cost of fish has increased owing to reduced yields.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.