- A nocturnal Australasian bird resembling a small nightjar, with an owllike face and a large gape.
More example sentences
- Family Aegothelidae and genus Aegotheles: several species
- As shown by a recent phylogenetic analysis, owlet-nightjars are the sister group of swifts and hummingbirds.
- The Australian Owlet-nightjar, Aegotheles cristatus, is a nocturnal bird found in open woodland across Australia and in southern New Guinea.
More definitions of owlet-nightjarDefinition of owlet-nightjar in:
- The British & World English dictionary