Definition of oxazole in English:
A volatile liquid with weakly basic properties, whose molecule contains a five-membered ring that serves as the basis of a number of medicinal drugs.
- A heterocyclic compound; chemical formula: C3H3NO
- The DNA dye YOYO (a homodimeric derivative of oxazole yellow) was purchased from Molecular Probes.
- Homodimeric bis-intercalating fluorophores such as the thiazole orange dimer and the oxazole yellow dimer have been widely used for the study and identification of DNA.
- DNA-intercalating fluorophores such as the homodimeric dye TOTO, a thiazole orange dimer, and YOYO, an oxazole yellow dimer, are widely used for the study and identification of DNA.
Definition of oxazole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.