Definition of oximeter in English:
An instrument for measuring the proportion of oxygenated hemoglobin in the blood.
- We also used a pulse oximeter to measure oxygen saturation of the blood.
- The oximeter constantly measures the amount of oxygen in your blood.
- All patients are equipped with a pulse oximeter for monitoring of percutaneous oxygen saturation.
- Example sentences
- The patient's blood pressure, pulse oximetry, and ECG must be assessed preoperatively and monitored throughout the procedure.
- Oxygen saturation should be assessed by pulse oximetry in children with respiratory distress, significant tachypnea, or pallor.
- Patients were monitored with continuous ECG and finger pulse oximetry.
Definition of oximeter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.