- Energy is generated by the reaction of hydrogen and oxygen across a catalytic membrane.
- Solar panels power an electrolyser that separates water into hydrogen and oxygen.
- In addition, the very reactive singlet oxygen can be generated by an input of energy.
- Example sentences
- A process for separating oxygenous organic compounds from aqueous media by liquid-liquid extraction with an organic extraction agent.
- In the case of distillation columns or in the case of reactors, these oxygenous gases are generally metered into the bottom, for example into the bottom circuit.
Late 18th century: from French (principe) oxygène 'acidifying constituent' (because at first it was held to be the essential component in the formation of acids).
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of oxygen in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.