- A bright red substance formed by the combination of hemoglobin with oxygen, present in oxygenated blood.More example sentences
- Fortunately it combines with the haemoglobin to form oxyhaemoglobin, thus maintaining a steep concentration gradient.
- As oxyhemoglobin circulates to deoxygenated tissue, oxygen is incrementally unloaded and the affinity of hemoglobin for oxygen is reduced.
- This process occurs when oxygen atoms bond to an iron atom at the center of a complex protein molecule known as oxyhemoglobin.
More definitions of oxyhemoglobinDefinition of oxyhemoglobin in:
- The British & World English dictionary