- An antibiotic related to tetracycline, used to treat a variety of bacterial infections.More example sentences
- The antibiotics normally used are oxytetracycline or tetracycline or erythromycin.
- The screen also identified four genes that make yeast sensitive to tetracycline and oxytetracycline, which are antibiotics used to treat Lyme disease, pneumonia, acne, bladder infections and ulcers.
- High antibody titres may indicate current or previous tubal infection, and both partners should be treated with an appropriate antibiotic (such as oxytetracycline, erythromycin, azithromycin, or ofloxacin).
More definitions of oxytetracyclineDefinition of oxytetracycline in:
- The British & World English dictionary