1A person who gathers, cultivates, or sells oysters.
- In 1944, the Louisiana Supreme Court ordered the Texas Oil Company to pay damages to oysterman Ludwig Doucet for dumping chemical waste on his leased property.
- Voisin is a seventh-generation oysterman and chairman of the Louisiana Oyster Task Force, a state governmental agency.
- If there is no contamination in the Gulf and if oystermen can recede, it will take a minimum 18 months for the oysters to come back.
1.1A boat equipped for harvesting oysters.
- The hull design is based on the Chincoteague skiff, a nineteenth century Chesapeake oysterman hull.
- The Oysterman 23, a 22 ½ foot boat with only minor refinements in the skipjack's basic design, rig, and construction, nonchalantly left the whole fleet in its wake.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.