- 1A person who gathers, cultivates, or sells oysters.More example sentences
- In 1944, the Louisiana Supreme Court ordered the Texas Oil Company to pay damages to oysterman Ludwig Doucet for dumping chemical waste on his leased property.
- Voisin is a seventh-generation oysterman and chairman of the Louisiana Oyster Task Force, a state governmental agency.
- If there is no contamination in the Gulf and if oystermen can recede, it will take a minimum 18 months for the oysters to come back.
- 1.1A boat equipped for harvesting oysters.More example sentences
- The hull design is based on the Chincoteague skiff, a nineteenth century Chesapeake oysterman hull.
- The Oysterman 23, a 22 ½ foot boat with only minor refinements in the skipjack's basic design, rig, and construction, nonchalantly left the whole fleet in its wake.