Definition of Oz in English:
nounBack to top
- Like all the interviews in Oz (I think the radio is very good out here) we had a lot of fun.
- Oh wow, out of my way, Rachael, I'm heading to Oz right this very second.
- On the other hand, friends who went to live in Oz would tell me I should never visit.
1.1A person from Australia.
- Unlike most places in the world, learn to sail packages from sailing schools are available in Oz all year round!
- I just had an email from my cousin suggesting the rules for buying property in Oz might have changed.
- Being an Oz at least means you are speaking from experience.
1940s: representing a pronunciation of an abbreviation of Australia.
Words that rhyme with Ozbecause, Boz, cos, Ros, Roz, schnozz, was
Definition of Oz in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.