- 1A pacesetter.More example sentences
- Sallie was going to be the next pacer, so she got ready for her twenty mile loop.
- In my opinion you need to ask the pacer that you sign up with what his strategy is, as they often have different ideas about how to run the races, (and I am not disagreeing with Frank here, they are very experienced runners).
- That day the pacer Allaboard Jules ran third in yet another cheap race at New Jersey's Freehold Raceway, maybe earning $300, not enough to meet the blacksmith's bills.
- 2chiefly US A horse bred or trained to have a distinctive lateral gait in which both legs on the same side are lifted together, used in some types of racing.More example sentences
- Pacing is faster than trotting, which is why pacers and trotters run separately in harness racing
- Now this weekend, the Inter Dominion harness racing championship winds up with the pacer's Grand Final, this year worth a record prize money of a million dollars.
- ‘It is a little less competitive with the trotters compared to pacers,’ she said.
More definitions of pacerDefinition of pacer in:
- The British & World English dictionary