noun (plural pachucos)chiefly US , • dated
- A juvenile gang member of Mexican-American ethnic origin.More example sentences
- In the 1988 piece, Border Brujo, Gomez-Pena's character, the Border Brujo, assumes many successive personae, including those of a pachuco, a mass-media broadcaster, a bandito, and an American Indian.
- Intensifying this sense of alienation, Border Brujo assumes the persona of a pachuco or cholo.
- Edward James Olmos, received critical acclaim for his portrayal of the pachuco in the stage and film version of Luis Valdez's Zoot Suit and for his role as Jaime Escalante in the film Stand and Deliver.
Mexican Spanish, literally 'flashily dressed'.
More definitions of pachucoDefinition of pachuco in:
- The British & World English dictionary