- 1A person or thing that pacifies.More example sentences
- Oda Nobunaga, the leading warlord and the first of the three pacifiers and unifiers of Japan, was opposed to Buddhism.
- This story is about the rise and the fall of the three unifier and pacifier of Japan towards the end of the 16th century after generations of feudal wars of powerful local rulers.
- But his old rival, Tokugawa Ieyasu, proved stronger and became the third and last pacifier of Japan and the first Shogun of the Tokugawa family.
- 1.1North American A rubber or plastic nipple for a baby to suck on.More example sentences
- It is best to avoid bottles and pacifiers until your baby is 4 to 6 weeks old and has learned how to breastfeed well.
- If the parents-to-be have specified in the baby registry a brand or shape of bottles, nipples, and pacifiers, these items may be a safe choice for a baby shower gift.
- Sugar's siren call can even block out pain - pediatricians have shown that newborns who have injections or blood drawn don't mind the needle as much when also given a sugar-coated pacifier to suck.
More definitions of pacifierDefinition of pacifier in:
- The British & World English dictionary