Definition of packaging in English:
1Materials used to wrap or protect goods.
- The selection of an adhesive-coated material for sterile packaging can require months of testing and screening.
- The world's largest maker of ceramic packaging used to protect computer chips gets more than half of its sales from abroad.
- Perioperative nurses can take the initiative to set up areas to collect clean packaging, blue wrap, plastics, and paper.
1.1The business or process of packing goods.
- The food processing industry also involves processing such as grading, sorting and packaging which enhance the shelf-life of food products.
- Tetra Pak develops and manufactures the equipment for processing, packaging and distribution of liquid food.
- All of the products described below are designed to speed up packaging and make the process more cost-effective.
1.2The presentation of a person, product, or action in a particular way: diplomatic packaging of the key provisions will make a confrontation unlikely
More example sentences
- And when I say ghastly, I mean the presentation and packaging, not the actual music.
- The presentation, appearance and packaging of cricket on TV had been changed radically.
- Opera is different from the mainstream entertainment industry, which uses packaging and promotion to increase popularity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia