verb[with object] Computing
- Partition or separate (data) into units for transmission in a packet-switching network: this layer packetizes and reassembles messagesMore example sentences
- The IP subsystem, which packetizes the compressed voice data, also contributes delay in a gateway.
- When an application issues a request for a file, the file server assembles related blocks and packetizes the resulting file for LAN transmission.
- We will exploit known technologies such as optical communications, Internet protocol networks, and packetized data switching in new ways to vastly improve our information-dissemination capabilities.
More definitions of packetizeDefinition of packetize in:
- The British & World English dictionary