- 1The action or process of packing something: the handling, packing, and shipping of productsMore example sentences
- People were of course prepared to some degree, those whose homes flooded annually were well into the process of packing and moving.
- She was in the process of packing but she had left a box of clothes that she had planned to give away open in the middle of the room.
- She finished her hasty packing and zipped up the bag.
- 1.1Material used to protect fragile goods, especially in transit: polystyrene packingMore example sentences
- The company specialised in the manufacture of corrugated and protective packing.
- With early farmers came seeds, some imported intentionally but others carried over unwittingly in animal fodder and packing.
- I must find a source of fibre or some inert packing.
- 1.2Material used to seal a joint or assist in lubricating an axle.More example sentences
- Packing for lubricating purposes comprising a mixture of wool and horsehair spun together is made into pad form by banding a length of the yarn in zig-zag form and then bending the sheet so formed into zigzag form until a pad of the required dimensions is obtained.
- This packing is self lubricating, mechanically strong and widely used in chemicals, petrochemicals, power plants, paper, pulp and food industries.
More definitions of packingDefinition of packing in:
- The British & World English dictionary