Definition of pacu in English:
noun (plural same)
A deep-bodied, herbivorous freshwater fish native to northern South America.
- Colossoma nigripinnis, family Characidae
- Are the vegetarian pacu's teeth different from the carnivorous piranha's teeth?
- The introduction of these exotic species, such as the pacu, can have detrimental effects for native species inhabiting South Carolina waters.
- Additionally, full-grown pacu are much larger than piranha.
early 19th century: from Tupi pacú.
Definition of pacu in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan