noun (plural same)
A deep-bodied, herbivorous freshwater fish native to northern South America.
- Colossoma nigripinnis, family Characidae
More example sentences
- Are the vegetarian pacu's teeth different from the carnivorous piranha's teeth?
- The introduction of these exotic species, such as the pacu, can have detrimental effects for native species inhabiting South Carolina waters.
- Additionally, full-grown pacu are much larger than piranha.
early 19th century: from Tupi pacú.
Definition of pacu in:
- The British & World English dictionary