- past and past participle of pay1.
adjectiveBack to top
- 1(Of work or leave) for or during which one receives pay: a one-month paid vacationMore example sentences
- When a child is ill it should be accepted that fathers will need paid leave to help care for the child.
- Please can you suggest some form of genuine paid work at home that my husband or I could do?
- The Essex study shows women spend less time on household chores but do more paid work.
- 1.1 [attributive] (Of a person in a specified occupation) in receipt of pay: a paid, anonymous informerMore example sentences
- It was also rumoured that he was the second highest paid artist in the world next to Picasso.
- It is run by a small team of paid staff and a large number of volunteers from all over the world.
- They appear to be of much more value to the area and its people than the paid officials.
More definitions of paidDefinition of paid in:
- The British & World English dictionary