Definition of paillette in English:
1A piece of glittering material used to ornament clothing; a spangle.
- Simply put, paillettes are part of the bangle, spangle and sequin family.
- Textures included silk velvets, velveteen and devorés, paillettes and satins.
- Sequins and paillettes are also popular, according to associates at the stores.
1.1A piece of bright metal used in enamel painting.
- Titled ‘Twinkle Twinkle,’ her show comprised a hyperrealistic sculpture executed on a grand scale, a mural of shimmering paillettes and five acrylic-on-lame paintings, each measuring 40 inches square.
- Black Narcissus is a large triptych sheathed in black, gray and iridescent silver paillettes.
Definition of paillette in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan