Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of pain relief in English:
The alleviation of pain, typically by means of medication.
- Give medications that relax the child and medications that provide pain relief.
- In doing so, pain relief is obtained and physical therapy can be used to help restore function.
- If essential, pain relief and a local nerve block may be used to supplement conventional analgesia.
pain reliever noun
- Example sentences
- Your experience demonstrates how important it is to get medical supervision for any pain reliever that is being used long-term.
- Epidural analgesia during labor is an effective pain reliever that has become more commonly used.
- Aspirin was originally a pain reliever, plain and simple.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.