Definition of pain threshold in English:
1The point beyond which a stimulus causes pain.
- The pressure pain threshold was higher after dronabinol treatment than after placebo treatment.
- Cold increases the pain threshold, the viscosity, and the plastic deformation of tissues but decreases motor performance.
- Elevating the pain threshold is extremely important in training a sprinter.
1.1The upper limit of tolerance to pain.
- I haven't seen or heard anyone - not here, but ever in my life - say they have a low pain threshold or low tolerance.
- In the current study, active attentional distraction had a significant effect on pain threshold and tolerance among men but not among women.
- This situation leads to lower pain thresholds and shorter tolerance times.
Definition of pain threshold in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan