Definition of pain threshold in English:
1The point beyond which a stimulus causes pain.
- The pressure pain threshold was higher after dronabinol treatment than after placebo treatment.
- Cold increases the pain threshold, the viscosity, and the plastic deformation of tissues but decreases motor performance.
- Elevating the pain threshold is extremely important in training a sprinter.
1.1The upper limit of tolerance to pain.
- I haven't seen or heard anyone - not here, but ever in my life - say they have a low pain threshold or low tolerance.
- In the current study, active attentional distraction had a significant effect on pain threshold and tolerance among men but not among women.
- This situation leads to lower pain thresholds and shorter tolerance times.
Definition of pain threshold in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.