1The decorative or finishing application of paint to an object.
- Finnegan was about to finish the last stroke on her big toe and be finished with her paint job when a screech from inside the house startled her.
- He allows Kayla to help him finish the paint job on his prize possession, the car, because she has a talent for drawing.
- Anyway, Graham was a good as his word and finished the paint job on the third bedroom.
1.1 derogatory A cosmetic treatment that does not address underlying problems: this administration will settle for a paint job to try to hide the fact that it lives in a La-La Land of its own construction
More example sentences
- A few of the women from the video came on the show without wearing makeup in order to be "made over", and Rachael tried to reassure them by telling them that they all looked lovely without their usual paint jobs.
- With the right paint job, specific lighting, professional photography etc... just about anyone can look "Hollywood" (it's just an illusion).
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: paint job
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.