Definition of paintball in English:
1A game in which participants simulate military combat using air guns to shoot capsules of paint at each other.
- We engage in mock battles simulated with paintball guns.
- The test will be a battle simulation, using paintball guns, against a platoon of marines.
- The new group took part in paintball war games, held at a remote bush property two hours drive south of Perth.
1.1A capsule of paint used in the game of paintball.
- From the corner of my eye, I saw that they were paintballs, not real bullets.
- Keep in mind that these paintballs travel at about 200 miles per hour and usually draw blood when they hit their target.
- It's quite a physical game as you run and dive to dodge paintballs, crawl through bushes and climb into forts.
- Example sentences
- Mr Fell was outraged that paintballers were still coming along to play their games in woods adjacent to his farmland - which he said risked spreading the disease.
- Mr Fell believes paintballers might carry the infection into the district.
- With very little spare time, Kai is an avid paintballer.
Definition of paintball in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan