noun[usually as modifier]
- A distinctive intricate pattern of curved, feather-shaped figures based on a pine-cone design from India: a paisley silk tieMore example sentences
- The festival offering has the spectacular ethnic gold, enamel and diamond, diamond and coloured stone, and paisley collections, each different and likely to make the wearer stand out in a crowd.
- Horribly, inevitably, he is drawn to a bin of remaindered neckwear in grotesque paisley patterns - priced to move.
- He believed in justice, for the most part, but he also had a hankering for a paisley silk waistcoat with a decent fit.
early 19th century: named after the town Paisley, Scotland, the original place of manufacture.
More definitions of paisleyDefinition of paisley in:
- The British & World English dictionary