Definition of pajamas in English:
1A suit of loose pants and jacket or shirt for sleeping in: a pair of pajamas (as modifier pajama) pajama bottoms
More example sentences
- Slowly he undid his pyjama jacket and dropped his pyjama trousers down around his ankles.
- Other highlights include PVC dresses, lace dresses, gold pyjama trousers and chiffon tops.
- He said that he had not dressed properly but had been wearing slippers, trousers, a vest and pyjama jacket about the house.
1.1 [in singular] (pajama) A pair of loose pants tied by a drawstring around the waist, worn by both sexes in some Asian countries.
- Both men and women also wear a kurta, a long tunic-like shirt, and pyjamas, loose baggy trousers.
- A draw-string allowed the pyjamas to comfortably embrace a great girth, and also to drop at a moments notice.
- Variants of trousers like pajamas and shalwar were worn in the northern plains of Indo-Iran.
- Example sentences
- I was pretty proud of myself until I somehow poured my entire cup into my pajamaed lap.
- That's the kind of week it's been, a pajamaed week; a week spent, for the most part, inside the flannel-lined cocoon that is my home.
- When I was out for an early walk this morning I noticed a pyjamaed man trying to retrieve the paper that had landed high in a bush and it made me recall the joy of having paperboys many years ago.
Pronunciation: /pəˈjäməd, -ˈjaməd /(British pyjamaed) adjective
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan