(also palace revolution)
- The nonviolent overthrow of a sovereign or government by senior officials within the ruling group.More example sentences
- Some writers prefer to set out a spectrum of revolutionary aims and outcomes, ranging from total social transformation to change of the ruling general or dictator - the so-called palace revolution.
- Nobody pointed out that by this time, she was so widely unpopular, within months her own party would organise a palace coup to depose her.
- The conclusion the opposition has reluctantly reached is that there is no way other than war to remove a tyrant whose five secret police forces make a palace coup or popular uprising impossible.
More definitions of palace coupDefinition of palace coup in:
- The British & World English dictionary