Definition of paleoenvironment in English:
An environment prevailing at a particular time in the geological past.
- The Sirius Group is a complex sedimentary deposit of different geological age and palaeoenvironments in different parts of Antarctica.
- Two researchers studied the stratigraphy and paleoenvironments represented by the Silurian rocks of the Girvan district.
- By Early Permian time certain lagenides were adapted to cool water paleoenvironments, as evidenced by their occurrences in high paleolalitudes and even in glaciomarine basins.
- Example sentences
- These factors combine to make lacustrine sediments amenable to very high-resolution paleoenvironmental and paleoecological reconstruction.
- However, there are paleoenvironmental and taphonomic differences between the two.
- TRACE FOSSILS are important for revealing the diversity and paleoenvironmental distribution of arthropods in the fossil record.
Pronunciation: /-ˌvīrənˈmentl, -ˌvī(ə)rn-/adjective
Definition of paleoenvironment in:
- British & World English dictionary