- A layer of parallel elongated cells below the epidermis of a leaf.More example sentences
- Alethopteris generally has small, thick pinnules with a thick epidermis and hypodermis, sunken stomata, epidermal hairs, and an adaxial palisade layer with abaxial spongy mesophyll.
- Therefore, cell files of the palisade layer, located between two adjacent vascular bundles, were used for measurement.
- In the palisade layer adjacent to the lignified counterpalisade cells, the outer periclinal walls stained intensely with berberine - aniline blue, emitting a yellowish green fluorescence under UV light.
More definitions of palisade layerDefinition of palisade layer in:
- The British & World English dictionary