Definition of palomino in English:
1 (plural palominos) A pale golden or tan-colored horse or pony with a white mane and tail, originally bred in the southwestern US.
- Arabs were the most beautiful, especially palominos, with golden bodies and silver hair,
- Like any event where you get a mixture of breeds, there were paints, sorrels, bays and palominos… almost anything you could want!
- Some were white, like Mystic, then there were ones that were black, chestnut, some were like palominos, and others were gray.
2A variety of white grape, originally grown around Jerez in southern Spain, used especially to make sherry and fortified wines.
- Palomino is a white grape widely grown in Spain and South Africa, and best known for its use in the manufacture of sherry.
- Best known to sherry producers in the Jerez region of Spain, Palomino seems to struggle when planted outside of that country.
Words that rhyme with palominoalbino, bambino, babycino, beano, Borodino, Borsalino, cappuccino, casino, chino, Comino, concertino, Filipino, fino, Gino, keno, Ladino, Latino, Leno, maraschino, merino, Monte Cassino, Navarino, neutrino, Pacino, pecorino, Reno, San Marino, Sansovino, Torino, Trevino, Valentino, vino, Zeno
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan