Examine (a part of the body) by touch, especially for medical purposes.
More example sentences
- No mass was palpated on physical examination, and her mammography was negative.
- Thyroid masses and lymphadenopathy that cause obstructive dysphagia can be palpated on examination of the neck.
- During the examination, the clinician should palpate the skin for temperature changes.
mid 19th century: from Latin palpat- 'touched gently', from the verb palpare.
- More example sentences
- Some experts have called for ultrasonography and abdominal palpation to detect these aneurysms.
- Physical examination included sinus palpation and evaluation for nasal edema, erythema, or discharge.
- The physical examination also should include careful palpation of the lymph nodes, liver, and spleen.
Definition of palpate in:
- The British & World English dictionary