Definition of pampas grass in English:
A tall South American grass with silky flowering plumes, widely cultivated as an ornamental plant.
- Cortaderia selloana, family Gramineae
- With a little planning you can enjoy a view from your window of snow on the plumes of pampas grass or on a garden statue nestled into a green hedge.
- I need to cut back my pampas grass and prune my crape myrtles.
- His slides showed examples of phormium, umbellifors, ferns and grasses, such as yuccas, angelica, tree ferns, bamboos and pampas grass.
Definition of pampas grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.