Definition of pan-Africanism in English:
The principle or advocacy of the political union of all the indigenous inhabitants of Africa.
- Consideration of these issues leads you on to the perspective of pan-Africanism.
- When I was growing up, we had big Utopias: pan-Africanism, African liberation.
- One also should consider the streetside pan-Africanism of politically charged music, reflecting a widespread sense of a shared destiny, especially among the continent's youth.
- 1pan-Africanist noun
- Example sentences
- He was regarded as an icon by pan-Africanists.
- The great pan-Africanist, who was highly decorated in Ghana, founded the International African Service Bureau.
- The first of the founding fathers of Africa, who took the reins of Ghana in 1957, was an avowed pan-Africanist.
Definition of pan-Africanism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.