The principle or advocacy of political alliance or union of all the Arab states.
More example sentences
- In those days it went under a variety of different labels: anti-imperialism, anti-Zionism, Arab socialism, pan-Arabism.
- It abandoned its previous advocacy of pan-Arabism for an Iraqi nationalism centered on the interests of the Sunni elite of the north.
- Palestinian nationalism has had a shifting relationship to Arab nationalism and pan-Arabism.
- More example sentences
- The demonstration, held outside the supreme court, was a collaboration between radical pan-Arab nationalists and socialists.
- The first Communist MP in the Arab world was elected in 1954, while the nationalist Baath Party's vision of pan-Arab unity to defeat imperialism found a growing audience.
- The station generally advances a pan-Arab nationalist political line and is used by the Qatar government as an occasional instrument of policy.
Definition of pan-Arabism in:
- The British & World English dictionary