- Only buy a panama hat with a sweatband, which helps keep your hat in place and prevents it from stretching out.
- My wide-brimmed panama hat was chilling nicely in the boat's hat cooler.
- Even if you don't think of yourself as much of a ‘hat ‘person, a panama hat is one of the best places to start.’
Mid 19th century: named after the country of Panama.
Panama occupies the isthmus that connects North and South America. Colonized by Spain in the early 16th century, it was freed from imperial control in 1821 and became a Colombian province. It gained full independence in 1903, although the construction of the Panama Canal and the leasing of the zone around it to the US split the country in two. In 1989, US troops invaded Panama and arrested the country’s president, Gen. Manuel Noriega, on charges of drug trafficking. According to an agreement signed in 1977, the Panama Canal and the surrounding zone were turned over to Panama at the end of 1999
- Example sentences
- Since the last game, much has happened to suggest that the administrators and technical crew recognise the importance of the squad coming away with victory against the Panamanians.
- At Santa Elena, the Panamanians stay for several weeks in temporary housing provided by the farm.
- U.S. officials, on the other hand, responded quickly by stating they ‘never lobbied the Panamanian government to pardon anyone.’
Words that rhyme with Panamaaargh, Accra, afar, ah, aha, aide-mémoire, ajar, Alcazar, are, Armagh, armoire, Artois, au revoir, baa, bah, bar, barre, bazaar, beaux-arts, Bekaa, bête noire, Bihar, bizarre, blah, Bogotá, Bonnard, bra, cafard, café noir, Calabar, car, Carr, Castlebar, catarrh, Changsha, char, charr, cigar, comme ci comme ça, commissar, coup d'état, de haut en bas, devoir, Dhofar, Directoire, Du Bois, Dumas, Dunbar, éclat, embarras de choix, escritoire, fah, famille noire, far, feu de joie, film noir, foie gras, Fra, galah, gar, guar, guitar, ha, hah, ha-ha, Halacha, hurrah, hussar, huzza, insofar, Invar, jar, je ne sais quoi, ka, kala-azar, Kandahar, khimar, Khorramshahr, knar, Krasnodar, Kwa, la-di-da, lah, Lehár, Loire, ma, mama, mamma, mar, Mardi Gras, ménage à trois, mirepoix, moire, nam pla, Navarre, noir, objet d'art, pa, pah, papa, par, Pará, Paraná, pas, pâté de foie gras, peau-de-soie, pietà, Pinot Noir, pooh-bah, poult-de-soie, pya, rah, registrar, Saar, Salazar, Sana'a, sang-froid, scar, schwa, Seychellois, shah, Shangri-La, shikar, ska, sol-fa, spa, spar, star, Starr, Stranraer, ta, tahr, tar, tartare, tata, tra-la, tsar, Twa, Villa, voilà, waratah, yah
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.