noun (plural panettoni pronunc. same)
- A rich Italian bread made with eggs, fruit, and butter and typically eaten at Christmas.More example sentences
- So we finished up our morning coffee, and the last slices of the Christmas panettone, enjoying the delicious yeasty aroma of Italian vanilla, and then hopped on down to the retail park for a top up of the paint supply.
- But my all-time favorite is another Italian tale, Tony's Bread, which tells the story of how our family's favorite Christmas Eve dessert, panettone came to be.
- The bread and butter pudding here is amazing, especially when made with panettone.
Italian, from panetto 'cake', diminutive of pane 'bread' (from Latin panis 'bread').
More definitions of panettoneDefinition of panettone in:
- The British & World English dictionary