noun (plural same or panfishes)
- A fish suitable for frying whole in a pan, especially one caught by an angler rather than bought.More example sentences
- There is no benefit from hanging an entire shrimp off a hook when fishing for coastal panfish.
- Most panfish are found throughout the Florida mainland and the Florida Keys.
- There's much more to know, however, if your aim is higher than at a ragtag box of miscellaneous panfish.
verb[no object] (often as noun panfishing) Back to top
- Catch, or try to catch, such fish: panfishing picks up considerably during the fall and springMore example sentences
- Success in crappie or panfishing often depends on being able to detect the slightest movement of the bait or the lightest nibble.
- Game fishing, pan fishing and recreational boating are available on dozens of lakes accessible within 10 miles.
More definitions of panfishDefinition of panfish in:
- The British & World English dictionary