- (In Indian cooking) a puff-pastry ball filled with spiced mashed potato and tamarind juice and then fried.More example sentences
- Ambala offers seven types of tangy water with pani puri and Gujarat has its sweet-salty dabeli.
- Tiny, fragile domes of lentil-wafer come with a hole on top; once you ladle in a thin, spicy broth, they become the treat known as pani puri.
- Sale of masala groundnuts and pani puri flourish during weekends.
from Hindi pānī 'water' and pūrī from Sanskrit pūrikā 'small, fried wheaten cake'.
More definitions of pani puriDefinition of pani puri in:
- The British & World English dictionary