Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of panic-monger in English:
A person who fosters a panic.
- Much as it pains this column to augment the prevailing squawk of overheated panic-mongers, it's time to prepare your PC for war.
- Parenting panic-mongers want to diagnose new fathers with postnatal depression.
- The only snag for panic-mongers is that the Korean scientists have made it clear that therapeutic cloning is a world away from a cloned baby.
- panic-mongering noun
- Example sentences
- The government was terrified of panic, and over the last few months I didn't want to be accused of panic-mongering, so we lowered our campaign.
- The ‘toxic substance’ that really poses a serious threat to British society is… officially sponsored panic-mongering.
- Keeping hold of justice and humanity gets harder in the face of this panic-mongering from the right.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.