Definition of panicle in English:
A loose, branching cluster of flowers, as in oats.
- It is a shrub or small tree with simple, alternate, unlobed leaves, panicles of white flowers in the spring, and bright blue drupes in the late summer and early fall.
- There are three general flower forms: small white flowers in panicles or loose and irregular spreading clusters; bell or urn-shaped flowers; and flat or open flowers.
- However, position of the flower within the panicle correlated with time of anthesis and gender.
- Example sentences
- Panicled death-camas is a beautiful but deadly lily.
- Panicled Aster occurs in most counties of Illinois, and is fairly common.
Definition of panicle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan