- The doctrine or belief that everything material, however small, has an element of individual consciousness.More example sentences
- One can, perhaps, describe the new mysterians, in a very liberal mood, as very cautious materialists (so cautious as to support dualism or panpsychism).
- A related more scientific-sounding version of animism is panpsychism.
- Panpsychism is the view that all things have a mind or a mind-like quality.
- More example sentences
- He offers a defense of panpsychist idealism, differing from other panpsychists in his notions of the Absolute, time, and the nature of the Unconscious.
- The panpsychist conception of mind must be sufficiently broad to plausibly encompass humans and non-human objects as well.
- One very real problem for consciousness from the panpsychist perspective is the scientific argument that energy and consciousness are not the same thing.
More definitions of panpsychismDefinition of panpsychism in:
- The British & World English dictionary