noun (plural paparazzi /-ˈrätsē/)(usually paparazzi)
- A freelance photographer who pursues celebrities to get photographs of them.More example sentences
- He is uncomfortable with the way soap stars can be photographed by the paparazzi at their worst.
- It's well-known among the paparazzi that celebrities do not like to be photographed eating.
- It surely does constitute some worry, when paparazzi photographers are trying to drive and take photos at the same time.
mid 20th century: from Italian, from the name of a character in Fellini's film La Dolce Vita (1960).
More definitions of paparazzoDefinition of paparazzo in:
- The British & World English dictionary