Definition of paper bag in English:
A small bag made of paper.
- Consumers are being asked to take their own re-usable or alternatively us a paper bag or no bag at all.
- Devin put the items in a paper bag, and then put the paper bag in a plastic bag.
- I dumped the sandwich and drink into a paper bag and shoved the bag into my backpack.
be unable to punch (or sing, act, etc.) one's way out of a paper bag
- informal Be completely ineffectual or inept at the specified activity: he couldn’t act his way out of a paper bagMore example sentences
- There were comic books featuring ‘The Purple Martin’ who was unable to punch his way out of a paper bag but was a super hero otherwise.
- For someone who Johnny Rotten described as 'unable to punch his way out of a paper bag',...his rocket to ruin was spectacularly in the limelight.
Definition of paper bag in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan