Definition of paper bag in English:
A small bag made of paper.
- Consumers are being asked to take their own re-usable or alternatively us a paper bag or no bag at all.
- Devin put the items in a paper bag, and then put the paper bag in a plastic bag.
- I dumped the sandwich and drink into a paper bag and shoved the bag into my backpack.
- be unable to punch (or sing, act, etc.) one's way out of a paper bag
- informal Be completely ineffectual or inept at the specified activity: he couldn’t act his way out of a paper bagMore example sentences
- There were comic books featuring ‘The Purple Martin’ who was unable to punch his way out of a paper bag but was a super hero otherwise.
- For someone who Johnny Rotten described as 'unable to punch his way out of a paper bag',...his rocket to ruin was spectacularly in the limelight.
Definition of paper bag in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.