Definition of paper mulberry in English:
A small tree of the mulberry family, the inner bark of which is used for making paper and tapa cloth, occurring from eastern Asia to Polynesia.
- Broussonetia papyrifera, family Moraceae
- The tapa banner was made by Tongan women from the beaten-out bark of the paper mulberry tree, and is painted with an abstract design.
- The leaves of the Paper Mulberry are distinctive in that they have a very rough, sandpaper-like upper surface and a soft, downy under surface.
- The twigs of the paper mulberry are hairy reddish brown, the bark is tan and smooth to moderately furrowed, the wood is soft and brittle, and it has conical buds.
Definition of paper mulberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan