A book bound in stiff paper or flexible cardboard.
- I have to remind myself it was only a book - mass-market paperback, pristine condition though bought used.
- It was a musty smelling paperback with yellowed pages and a bent cover.
- They have re-issued as a large-scale trade paperback Kurt Wilhelm's 1989 book on Strauss.
- In an edition bound in stiff paper or flexible cardboard: now available in paperbackMore example sentences
- This set him off on the idea of publishing literature in paperback, making it available cheaply and widely.
- This week's book review was published this year in paperback after its initial publication in hard cover last year.
- First published in hardback in 2003, the book is now available in paperback.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of paperback in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.