Definition of paperback in English:
nounBack to top
A book bound in stiff paper or flexible cardboard.
- I have to remind myself it was only a book - mass-market paperback, pristine condition though bought used.
- It was a musty smelling paperback with yellowed pages and a bent cover.
- They have re-issued as a large-scale trade paperback Kurt Wilhelm's 1989 book on Strauss.
- In an edition bound in stiff paper or flexible cardboard: now available in paperbackMore example sentences
- This set him off on the idea of publishing literature in paperback, making it available cheaply and widely.
- This week's book review was published this year in paperback after its initial publication in hard cover last year.
- First published in hardback in 2003, the book is now available in paperback.
Words that rhyme with paperbackcornerback • quarterback
Definition of paperback in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan