The manufacture of paper.
More example sentences
- She said the idea for the collaboration came in 2002 when Di Harris, a renowned calligrapher and paper artist, invited nine calligraphers, papermakers and paper artists to join her in the production of a collaborative book.
- Variations in the choice and preparation of the pulp used, the skill of the papermaker, seasonal variations in the speed of drying of paper can all lead to subtle differences in appearance of watermarks in sheets made on the same mould.
- In addition papermakers often attached a decorative design, shaped in wire, to the mold; the impression it left is known as the watermark.
- More example sentences
- For the papermaking, families boiled straw paper to put on a wooden frame called a mould.
- In Central America and Mexico, the Chinese may have introduced technologies for papermaking, dye extraction and jade working.
- He saw an article on the benefits of industrial hemp for papermaking.
More definitions of papermakingDefinition of papermaking in:
- The British & World English dictionary