noun (plural papillomas or papillomata /-mətə/)Medicine
- A small wartlike growth on the skin or on a mucous membrane, derived from the epidermis and usually benign.More example sentences
- Surface epithelial neoplasms consist of squamous cell papillomas, transitional cell papillomas, and papillary adenomas.
- The laser can also provide relief for symptoms caused by benign airway tumors such as hamartomas, papillomas, polyps, and angiomas.
- Epidermoid cysts, squamous papillomas, and fibroepithelial polyps do not usually present differential diagnostic difficulties.
More definitions of papillomaDefinition of papilloma in:
- The British & World English dictionary