- Any of a group of DNA viruses that cause the formation of papillomas or warts.More example sentences
- Nearly every woman who contracts cancer of the cervix is also infected with the human papillomavirus (HPV).
- Her Papanicolaou test revealed a lowgrade squamous intraepithelial lesion suggestive of human papillomavirus, with subsequent biopsy confirmation.
- Common, plantar, or flat warts are cutaneous manifestations of the human papillomavirus.
More definitions of papillomavirusDefinition of papillomavirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary