- Pasta in the form of broad flat ribbons, usually served with a meat sauce.More example sentences
- Just as good and just as dense are barely sticky notched-edge ribbons of pappardelle mingled with earthy fragments of wild mushroom, toasted walnuts and melted pieces of more pecorino.
- The pappardelle - a wide, flat ribbon pasta - is so fresh that you can actually taste its inherit wheatiness.
- When the bustling streets of Florence get too much, escape to the garden of this family-run restaurant and eat fresh pappardelle with wild hare in the sunshine.
Italian, from pappare 'eat hungrily'.
More definitions of pappardelleDefinition of pappardelle in:
- The British & World English dictionary