- 1A powdered spice with a deep orange-red color and a mildly pungent flavor, made from the dried and ground fruits of certain varieties of pepper.More example sentences
- Most barbecue sauces are tomato-based and encompass a myriad of spices such as chili powder, paprika, and cumin.
- For a milder flavour replace chilli powder with ground paprika.
- In a food processor, combine the peppers, garlic and bread with the tomato, tomato purée, ground almonds, paprika, chilli, sea salt and pepper and whiz to a rough paste.
- 1.1A deep orange-red color like that of paprika.More example sentences
- Im using Patons Classic Merino Wool, as called for in the pattern in paprika.
- I painted the kitchen Paprika and am so delighted with the color, the room came alive.
late 19th century: from Hungarian.
More definitions of paprikaDefinition of paprika in:
- The British & World English dictionary