Definition of paracrystal in English:
A piece of a substance that is not a true crystal but has some degree of order in its structure.
- In addition, e73 muscle contains dense aggregates that exhibit the periodicities typical of paramyosin paracrystals.
- In a previous study it was demonstrated that in plasmolysed dividing leaf cells of Chlorophyton comosum all microtubule arrays were disintegrated and free tubulin was incorporated into macrotubules and tubulin paracrystals.
- The pH-related change in morphology of vinblastine (VLB)-induced paracrystals formed in Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells was examined immunohistochemically in order to determine both the mechanism of tubulin crystallization and the influence of acidic pHs on cytoskeletal microtubules.
- Example sentences
- Spermatocytes synthesize large amounts of MSP and package it into paracrystalline arrays called fibrous bodies, which form a complex with novel structures termed membranous organelles (MOs).
- An internal latticelike paracrystalline structure was discernible in the cross sections of some crystalloids.
- Etioplasts are characterized by the lack of chlorophyll t and by their internal membrane system made of paracrystalline prolamellar bodies connected with some stromatal membranes, the prothylakoids.
Definition of paracrystal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan