- Don't get me wrong I can understand having certain rules, methodologies, standards etc, I just don't think these paradigms are a good example.
- This present campaign is a paradigm of Washington's pattern of accusing others of doing what Washington is planning to do or has already done.
- He says a creative leap is a new pattern, a new paradigm, a new way of organizing information and energy that has nothing to do with the previous pattern.
- This clash between scientific ideas and paradigms we label science politics.
- Deism reflected the scientific paradigm of the times in which the world inexorably and thoroughly followed strict mathematical laws of nature.
- The ID folks are constantly telling us that evolution is failing as a scientific paradigm, and that scientists are jumping ship in droves.
- In linguistics, a paradigm is a set of systematically alternating items. A paradigm is complementary to a syntagm, which is a set of items used in systematic combination.
- And of course to do that, you do in fact need to learn all those paradigms of verbs and nouns, the amo, amas, amat stuff.
- Reformers rejected the teaching of modern languages through grammatical paradigms, specimen sentences, and word lists.
- Chinese has no case distinctions or gender distinctions in the inflectional paradigm of its third person singular pronoun.
Late 15th century: via late Latin from Greek paradeigma, from paradeiknunai 'show side by side', from para- 'beside' + deiknunai 'to show'.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.